Hyperpro 140mm (CSC) Linear Steering Damper Kit 2018-2022 Husqvarna Vitpilen 401
- Kit includes bike specific Steering Damper Mounting Hardware and 140mm (CSC) Linear, Reversed position Steering Damper
- Please allow estimated 7-10 business days delivery in the USA
- Made in the Netherlands
A steering damper, or steering stabilizer is a damping device designed to inhibit an undesirable, uncontrolled movement or oscillation of a vehicle steering mechanism, a phenomenon known in motorcycling as wobble.
Motorcycles with a short wheelbase and an aggressive steering geometry provides the ability to make very quick changes in direction. As a side-effect it the bike is less stable, gives less feedback from uneven road surfaces, and is more difficult to control. If the front wheel is not completely inline from the direction of travel when it touches down after a small wheelie, it may cause an unwanted wobble.
Steering dampers are factory installed on more and more high-end motorcycles, not only sport, but also naked and big all-roads. This is to counter these undesirable behaviors. Steering dampers offer comfort and safety. ...and Hyperpro offers the best! A Hyperpro steering damper reduces this kind of risk to a bare minimum.
These wobbles - Tank-slappers - and vibrations are intercepted by the damper. As a result, you have a bike that steers the way you want and reacts the way you’d hope for in unexpected circumstances.
The Hyperpro Steering Damper program is divided into 2 levels; the CSC (Constant Safety Control) steering damper and the RSC (Reactive Safety Control) steering damper. Both steering damper types are made with the highest precision to guarantee the quality and functioning of the steering damper.
A (CSC) damper is one of the top products in the range of “regular” steering dampers. It is a linear damping steering damper with 22 clicks for fine tuning. It gives the rider comfort in riding, and the assurance of not getting knocked off by the quick steering movements of the bike.
- Fully adjustable – Damping can be adjusted in 22 positions
- Fully re-buildable with spare parts availability
- High quality bearings
- Low friction design due to Ø8mm piston rod with special surface treatment
- One-piece piston rod – Perfect alignment through the slide bearings and no excessive force on the piston
- Triple function seals
- Dust scraper and double oil seal, ensuring that dust cannot enter and oil cannot exit
- Nitrogen pressurized heat expansion reservoir – Gas pressure prevents against foaming
- Fits 2018-2022 Husvarna Vitpilen 401
- Mounts on left side of frame